For all your Michael family news and photo needs.

11.15.2006

FAQ #2: Are you breastfeeding?

So, next on the list of baby classes was "Breastfeeding 101". I don't know the actual title of the class, but that's what I'm calling it. All went well, other than walking in and noticing no men in the room. Luckily, a few guys showed up right before class started. Let's just say, I had a moment of unrest. The instructor was talking about the first 3 questions people ask when they find out you're pregnant. If I recall, they were, "Is it a boy or a girl", "When are you due?", and "Are you breast feeding?". I don't think I've ever asked anyone that question. I'm not sure if I'm a prude or I just wasn't that interested.

I've learned that people have a lot of questions about the pregnancy. Every time I'm asked a question, I'm reminded how clueless I am. One friend of mine asked where Kaye was carrying the baby. I replied, "In her uterus, I hope". She followed with, "Well, where is the placenta attached?". "I don't know. Is it supposed to be?". Either, I'm not asking the right questions, or I'm on a "need to know" basis with Kaye, the baby, and our Midwife. So far, I'm ok with that.

Next up...Baby Care Basics. Wish us luck...

No comments: