For all your Michael family news and photo needs.

8.08.2007

Things Charlotte [or her mere presence] has taught me- #1-5

  1. It is perfectly acceptable to walk up to a stranger's child and play with her feet. I don't really mind and I'm by no means a germaphobe or so protective that I don't want strangers touching my child. I find her feet fascinating too. In fact, I think they're hillarious. Maybe it's because I easily scare small children, but I've never just walked up to a stranger's child and started touching them. Then again, I found out a long time ago that having a child really warps people's boundaries in several areas.
  2. Babies are "Chick Magnets". This is something I've always known, but never fully realized. Recently Charlotte and I went out to dinner at Hooters with my friend Tim. I should explain that, although I don't dine there very often, I don't see anything all that wrong with Hooters and neither does Kaye [at least not that she admits]. Don't judge me!! In fact, Kaye was invited but couldn't make it due to work. I would have preferred that she was there so I didn't look like that guy who would bring his baby to Hooters in an effort to garner more attention from Hooters Girls. Regardless, that was the effect. She got a balloon. I've been there a few times...never got a balloon.
  3. Baby spit-up doesn't taste good. Not that I thought it would, but hold a kid above your head long enough...it's bound to happen.
  4. There's a huge difference between waking up at 5:30 AM and waking up at 6:00 AM. Maybe it's psychological...maybe it's physiological. Regardless, it matters. When I hear that first cry at 6 AM or later, I feel like I've won the lottery.
  5. Traveling with a baby is like touring with a rock band. First, everybody's happy to see you. Ok, they aren't happy to see me, but it's still a lot warmer welcome than I normally get. Second, there's the equipment/logistics. It's all about packing and scheduling around naps and meals.

No comments: