For all your Michael family news and photo needs.

8.13.2007

If camping is so relaxing...

why am I so tired today? Sheesh.

We took Charlotte on her first camping trip this weekend with a group of "friends" from Waupaca. I'll explain the "quotes" later. Charlotte was really only there for one night and did fairly well. We brought along a Pack 'n Play for her to sleep in. She was having none of that. She ended up sleeping with Kaye. She could sleep with me, but I get the jimmy arms so I'm not sure she would have survived the night. When I was a kid, my sister and I used to sleep in the same bunk. I think she was the recipient of a few shots to the head back then. For now, Charlotte can't defend herself, so it's best that she sleeps with Kaye.

Since we were only about 30 minutes from my mom's house, we went in to Waupaca on Saturday to spend some time with her. We ended up spending all of the afternoon there and Charlotte spent the night with her. On our way back, I received a call from a friend who was camping with us. He informed me that they had a storm blow threw the campground and our camper was now laying on its side. I repeatedly asked if he was just messing with me. He said that he was walking around my camper as we spoke. It looked like it was ok, it just needed to be righted. When I hung up the phone, I told Kaye what he had told me...but also informed her that there was a 50/50 chance he was just screwing with me. Worse yet, he'd leave me hanging for the entire drive there thinking my camper was laying on it's side. Either way, I was not happy. Meanwhile I'm going through insurance, photos, repairs bla bla bla in my head.

As we drove into the campground, Kaye noted that nothing else seemed to be wrong. Kids were swimming. There wasn't even a twig out of place. Approaching our campsite, I could see that nothing was wrong with my camper. Apparently somebody felt neglected by our absence. Everyone else seemed to think it was hilarious. Hence the "friends". Friends like these make you appreciate your proctologist.

Great time...looking forward to next year.

No comments: