For all your Michael family news and photo needs.

5.07.2007

An odd couple weeks...

All's well that ends well, I guess. A couple Sundays ago [4-22] I called my mom to ask her if she'd be interested in visiting...and baby sitting for Charlotte while we celebrated a friend's 30th B'day. Mom politely explained that she wasn't feeling well and blew me off. By that Tuesday [4-24], she had checked into the hospital with a bowel obstruction. Thursday they operated and she wasn't released until a week later [5-4]. My sister and I spent most of that first week in Waupaca with her and then returned late last week when she was released. Charlotte and Kaye also payed a visit along with my Nephew Mathew and his girlfriend [Kudos to them for driving Kaye and Charlotte over].

Mom is recovering nicely at home and will probably be out of work for at least the next 3 weeks. People keep asking what a bowel obstruction really is. I don't have an answer so I just keep telling them she swallowed a quarter.

No comments: